Friday, July 6, 2007

Sequential Biofuels













As I mentioned in yesterday's post, on Wednesday morning I visited Sequential Biofuels' gorgeous flagship fueling station located at 86714 McVay Hwy in Eugene, OR. I realize I just called a gas station gorgeous, but if you go there, I think you'll agree - compared to the traditional fueling station next door, this one looks awesome!

The station is unique for several reasons:
1. Only biofuel and biofuel blends are sold:
  • 10% ethanol (90% gasoline)
  • 85% ethanol (15% gasoline)
  • 5% biodiesel (95% diesel)
  • 20% biodiesel (80% diesel)
  • 99.9% biodiesel (0.1% diesel)
2. 30-50% of all electricity consumed by the station comes from the solar panels installed as sun shades above the fuel pumps.
3. 4800 plants make up the "living roof" over the convenience store to control rainwater runoff and keep the building cool in the summer.
4. The snacks in the convenience store attempt to be as local and organic as possible.
5. Sequential also operates a 1 Million Gallon/year biodiesel plant in Salem.

When I arrived, I was greeted warmly by Helen and Allen (who filled Minnie up with B99.9 manufactured in Salem, OR). We chatted about the company, the fueling station, and the Governor's visit before I headed down the road to the SF bay.

Photo courtesy sqbiofuels.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment