Thursday, October 23, 2008

Winter is coming!

The days are getting shorter, the mornings are getting chillier, and I'm psyching myself up for riding all winter long.

A big help is bikewinter.org - they give a lot of useful tips and tricks. This is also where I discovered the monthly Midnight Marauders' ride - a load of fun.

Last night, I did some maintenance - brake tightening, chain lubing, and a general once-over. I've also just purchased a set of planet bike fenders on Amazon ($28.18) and some nice gloves ($32) from the local bike shop.

This brings my total commuting costs up to $399.51 since April.

I need to go searching for my hats and ski masks (I know I have a nice blue one somewhere). I'm not sure about eyewear - I think that my metal framed sunglasses won't be very comfy for much longer. Maybe a few yellow-tinted and clear safety glasses? Or, perhaps ski goggles?

No comments:

Post a Comment