Monday, January 15, 2007

And now, the weather







After an oddly warm winter, the midwest has finally succumbed to winter's icy grip. It's been snowing since Saturday, and isn't supposed to stop until 1AM tomorrow. I'm thrilled.

Why does this matter when talking about cars?
My heat doesn't work, but after doing some reading (and several mentions from the comments section) about the problem, I'm pretty sure I know what I need to fix problem. I think the problem is in the monovalve - an electronic valve that controls flow of hot engine coolant to the passenger heating coils in Mercedes cars. The symptoms are similar to descriptions I've seen in several forum posts.

The parts will be here as soon as that free ground shipping can get them here. Hopefully, I'll be able to drive at highway speeds with the heat on soon enough.

I'm also getting a new sunroof switch, which is somewhat related. Prolonged summer weather means I'll need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment